View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 09:04 PM   #19
jgray
Fanatic
jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E & Sage
Yesterday, I went to the local Big Lots to look at this new ereader. The very smug salesgirl said she didn't think they had any. I asked if she was sure and if she could check. Without bothering to check, she told me that she was positive they didn't have any and then said "I'm pretty sure" (nothing like a positive lie, backed up by a weasely maybe). It went down hill from there, so I won't finish the story.

I was finally informed that the store had none of these ereaders to sell until Wednesday. So, I guess I'll brave more abuse at the hands of the rude and self righteous salesgirl and try again tomorrow.

One thing I did find was the quick start guide for the device, as sold by Borders. Other than a quick rundown on how to turn it on and access the features, it doesn't tell you much. The one interesting thing was at the bottom. An Adobe logo and the words "Adobe Digital Editions". So, this thing should be just fine for epub and PDF.

If I get my hands on one tomorrow, I'll give it a torture test and report my findings. I'm really interested in seeing what the battery life is.

Just a guess at this point, but there is a strong possibility that this ereader runs some variant of Linux, possibly Android. I'll see if I can find out.

Joe
jgray is offline   Reply With Quote