View Single Post
Old 07-03-2010, 06:48 PM   #1
bigand101
bigand101 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
newbie q's not covered elsewhere (AFAIK)

Hi all,
new to Kindle and Mobileread. I am based outside of the US but want to read books only available to US customers. I've understood the US Address / Gift card approach and am happy that will work fine. I still have a few questions though:

1. If I buy US only Kindle books and then read them on my Kindle iPhone app, will that trigger to Amazon that I am outside the US?

2. Will annotations / highlights feature still be available on kindle.amazon.com if I keep whispernet switched off? (i.e. can it still sync through my computer / home internet?)

3. Would there be any advantage in having to Amazon.com accounts - one with my true country in to read all books which ARE available to my country, and another US account only for US-only books?

4. Is it possible / advisable to run two separate Amazon accounts and register / de-register on a regular basis? Potential advantage of this is the online connectivity / ability to buy books via whispernet when these are available in my country, but still maintain a 'clean' US-only account for books only available in US to download via computer.

Hope those Q's make sense. This is a great forum. Thanks.

Andy
bigand101 is offline   Reply With Quote