View Single Post
Old 07-09-2007, 03:48 PM   #1
drogo
Connoisseur
drogo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.drogo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.drogo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.drogo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-500
Quick question about formatting

All these deals going with the prs500 are getting to me. First the $99 Tiger Direct, then the $49 Sony credit card, now I find out there's a demo model just up the street from where I work.

I can't take it anymore.

I've tossed some content onto an SD card and am going to head down to have a look. Any tips on how I should format it?

Right now, the card is formatted with FAT filesystem, and I've put a few versions in a folder called "ebooks". Can I just put the SD card in and check them out, or do they have to be in a specific folder? (I hope not, but I wouldn't put anything past Sony). No folder at all?

I currently have PDF, TXT, RTF, DOC, HTML, and CHM files (I don't expect the HTML or CHM files to work, I just wanted to see what happens if try.)

I also whipped up a VM and installed the Connect software, can I export a file in the native format(LRF??) or does it have to be connected to a reader to push it out. I guess I could/should also try out the LRF conversion software as well.

Thanks for any suggestions!
drogo is offline   Reply With Quote