View Single Post
Old 01-29-2008, 11:42 PM   #48
Aenea
Zealot
Aenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: iRex iLiad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Kostousov View Post
In light of news from Nokia, qt port for iLiad seems to be very exciting.. May be, you can write here what help do you need?
At the moment I still want to do it alone (me==perfectionist!).

When everything is usable for programmers, eg. it has a nice set of working API's I will let it loose. It will be easy to program for it since Qt apps/games can be ported, but also I already have done some nice things with the Javascript support in Qt/Qtopia!!!!!

At a later stage someone might be able to port QtJambi to the iLiad so the Etopia/Qt API's can be used in Java... (Java VM is running currently...)

Questions for all:

Is it a real problem that the filesystem needs to be *replaced* by this project?

I might be able to let it boot from CF but it's not going to be that fast (BTW: the current version of Etopia boots in 20 seconds *through* NFS....). And/or I could add a check for a key (combination) in the kernel and decide to boot either version...

Do you think there's a need for some kind of form of security so no malicious software can be installed?

I do have added LIDS 1.2.2 support to the kernel and Qtopia can use that (SXE=Safe Execution Environment)...
Aenea is offline   Reply With Quote