View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010, 01:31 PM   #153
dmaul1114
Wizard
dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 1
Agree, and that's why people who like dedicated e-ink readers shouldn't be worried about tablets, and why people shouldn't start threads about the death of e-ink.

Tablets and dedicated readers target very different markets.

I bought a Kindle to read novels before sleeping as I hated hassling with paper books I'd only read once. And because I like having the latest tech gadget--honestly compared to most here I probably don't read enough to warrant owning one.

I'm interested in a tablet for reading and marking up academic PDFs, net surfing, video watching etc. I'd probably never read a novel on it.

E-ink is here to stay. Tablets have their own niche to fill. Some will read novels on them just like people read novels on their PCs, laptops, PDAs, smartphones etc. But it's no threat to e-ink, just like those existing alternatives are no threat to e-ink.
dmaul1114 is offline   Reply With Quote