View Single Post
Old 12-05-2006, 06:38 AM   #2
Antartica
Evangelist
Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: quaderno, remarkable2, yotaphone2, prs950, iliad, onhandpc, newton
Quote:
Originally Posted by narve
I think it is too much trouble using the USB cable, and besides then I can't access any other files (e.g. in /media). This functionality has been promised by iRex, but not in 2.8 it seems. So I was thinking of installing an ftp server or something like that. I tried the PureFTPd server for zaurus, but some libraries were missing.

Have anyone done some research in this area?
I use netcat (have it installed in both ends, the PC and the iliad, for the examples with IP 192.168.1.1 and the iliad, for the examples with IP 192.168.1.13):

1.In the iliad, bring up the ethernet interface (using a script, I use wired ethernet, so I call wired.sh with the apropiate parameters)
2. In the destination, you launch netcat in listen mode (for example in the PC):
$ netcat -l -p 11111 | tar -xf -
3. in the source, you change to the directory and pipe it to a socket (for example in the iliad)
$ cd /mnt/free
$ tar -cf - documents | netcat -q 1 192.168.1.1 11111
4. wait until it finishes :-)

NOTE: to have netcat accesible from all places when in the iliad, make a symlink to it. For example, if netcat binary is installed in /mnt/card/netcat/netcat (fix the paths for your netcat install):
# ln -s /mnt/card/netcat/netcat /usr/bin/

Quote:
- Why doesn't scp work? Can I install scp on the iLiad? I get an error "sh: scp not found" or something like that
The dropbear installation in the iliad seems to be partial. I've dropbear in the zaurus (I'm using pdaXrom), and scp works.

Quote:
- Does anyone now about a zaurus (s)ftp server that works?

- Perhaps I can drop dropbear and use openssh instead, I believe that one supports scp?
Openssh has scp, and is a more complete implementation, that's right. In fact, what I cannot get to work is ssh'ing from one dropbear (the zaurus) to another (the asus router), while I can ssh from dropbear (the zaurus) to the PC (linux w/ openssh).

Anyway, if you want to give it a try, I attach to this message wu-ftpd compiled for the iliad (vanilla, I've not changed anything in the sources; just patched the binaries to change the configuration directory from /etc to ./cf). I've not tested it, so the usual caveats apply ;-).

Instructions: untar it into the iliad and launch run.sh :-). It's possible that you have to edit the files in the cf directory for it to be usefull (the ones there are the ones of a default debian installation, I've not even edited them so if they have paths, they'll be wrong).
Attached Files
File Type: gz wu-ftpd-2.6.2_iliad-0.1.tar.gz (185.2 KB, 1460 views)

Last edited by Antartica; 12-05-2006 at 06:52 AM.
Antartica is offline   Reply With Quote