View Single Post
Old 06-21-2013, 07:14 PM   #8
auspex
Groupie
auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nexus 5x
Oh, now that's service above and beyond!!!!! And of course, as soon as I tried the search with my suggestion, I realized that it wasn't sufficient, as I have a number of books tagged "keep off kobo", which are explicitly not synced to my e-reader, so adding not tags:"=keep off kobo" was necessary for what I really wanted. And now it works perfectly! Thank you, very much.

I only just started using the plugin, and have only had an e-reader since September, so asking for a new feature seemed premature, but I figured asking to restrict it to "formats:true" was just a bugfix

Quote:
Until somebody comes along who keeps books without any formats. I've heard of people doing that.
but if it has no formats, you can't copy it to a device (at least not a Kobo):
Quote:
calibre, version 0.9.35
WARNING: No suitable formats: Could not upload the following books to the device, as no suitable formats were found. Convert the book(s) to a format supported by your device first.
I only send epubs to my Kobo - but I have pdfs and various other e-formats, so using "formats:true" would still show lots of "books" I don't want on the reader, but the ones that have no associated, TXT, EPUB, RTF, DOC, PDF, MOBI... can't be transferred to a Kobo, at least (I can imagine there might be readers that will let you load the metadata without any 'data').
auspex is offline   Reply With Quote