View Single Post
Old 02-18-2011, 01:58 PM   #66
Nigol
Groupie
Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
Nigol, any interest in adding a new edit option in ePubFixer on the main screen, namely an "Edit Text Files" using any user-supplied text editor?

I have used tweak_epub (part of the Atlantis Word Processor) and it's simplicity is it's strength. It just opens the .epub, let's you change some text using your own text editor for any file therein contained (except images) and then saves the .epub.

It's useful for deleting/editing a CSS style that doesn't work or changing some metadata info. It doesn't pre-parse nor post-split like Sigil, but it get's you (quickly) right to the text you want to change and move on!
Well there's kind of actually is this option. The Edit in Sigil option is not bound to the Sigil executable, but whatever program you set. You could actually use any editor. On closing it will restore the Table of Content by finding the files in the zip.

I have not tested it with the program you talked about, but I am sure it would work.

Update : I have tested it with the Tweak_epub you talked about and it works perfectly.

Last edited by Nigol; 02-18-2011 at 02:04 PM.
Nigol is offline   Reply With Quote