View Single Post
Old 07-14-2008, 06:10 PM   #1
tetleys
tetleys began at the beginning.

Device: none
hello to you all! HELP NEEDED PLEASE!

Hello to you all,

i am a new member but to be really honest i am not 100% sure that i am in the right place.....................and would be extremely grateful if somebody could give me some good advise and point me in the right direction please!!!

I am a gas boiler engineer and my job involves repairing and servicing boilers and requires me on a fairly regular basis to read or search through manufacturers instructions when i come across a problem i can not resolve myself.
at present i do this by reading some of the manufactures instruction files in paper form, and the majority i have on my pc at home in pdf file format- which wasnt at all ideal because i need the information at customers properties whilst i am working on their boiler! so in an attempt to resolve this problem i bought a brand new laptop and used this instead.
unfortunately, although the laptop is excellent and displays the pdf files perfectly, i am reluctant to use it for this as really all i need to do is read pdf files and i am a little concerned that i may get the laptop stolen or broken, also it still a little on the large size and takes a little bit too much time in booting up so.............what i could do with is a very cheap small- ish device ie approx A5 size, that will read pdf files, with the facility to be able to zoom or shrink the page viewed, and something that can possibly take memory cards? and be powered by normal batteries, ie so that i didnt have to keep it charged up all the time? i do not need it to speak or perform anything fancy other than for me to read normal text/ illustrations in a pdf format.
IF THERE IS ANYONE WHO COULD RECOMMEND SUCH A CHEAP DEVICE /ALTERNATIVE I WOULD BE VERY GRATEFUL.
THANKS
tetleys is offline   Reply With Quote