View Single Post
Old 01-30-2008, 01:56 PM   #19
allen.gotwald
Advocate
allen.gotwald is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.allen.gotwald is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.allen.gotwald is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.allen.gotwald is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.allen.gotwald is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.allen.gotwald is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.allen.gotwald is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.allen.gotwald is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.allen.gotwald is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.allen.gotwald is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.allen.gotwald is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: SONY PRS-505 and Nook Color
I don't know about the disruption of paperback books. E-readers will impact them. A tipping point may occur when/if the Sony or Kindle reader hits $100 or less. Right now, frequent travellers will ultimately move to an e-reader and move away from paper. "Where can I get one of those?" has been asked of me so often that I'm thinking about asking Sony for a sales commision. Bottomline is who wants to retain dozens of used, yellowing pulp fiction paperbacks? E-books are cheaper, store easier and read just as well (if not better because of font changing) than a paperback. Just as downloadable MP3's will kill CD sales (already in rapid decline), ebooks will have a similar impact on paper. Not a total kill, but definitely such an impact that e-sales will become available in bookstores ultimately, in my opinion.
allen.gotwald is offline   Reply With Quote