View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 12:58 PM   #6
tsgreer
Lovin' the e-book life...
tsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with others

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Amazon Kindle, BeBook (with OpenInkpot)
Ok, not sure if this applies to this discussion, but I'll give it a shot.

I have 9 pages of books and samples on my Kindle. So rather than actually flipping through the pages trying to find a certain book, I can just start typing the title.

I don't use the "search" button, I just start typing the title. You can't see any text that you are typing, but if I type in the first three letters it will take me to the page of books that has a title starting with those letters.

I don't know if I can explain this well enough. I have a book called "serenity". I just start typing "s-e-r" and my screen flashes takes me to page 7 and on that page, are my "s" books, with "serenity" being the fourth one down.

This makes it really quick to get to a book of you have lots of books. Anybody care to clarify if they can do the same thing? And should this go under the "tips and tricks" section?

And was this something I missed in the manual? I can't find anything that relates to it.

Last edited by tsgreer; 12-01-2007 at 01:02 PM.
tsgreer is offline   Reply With Quote