View Single Post
Old 10-31-2010, 07:53 AM   #21
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
I used to play in tournaments, not much of a club goer. Last time I played in a tournament was the Kings Island Open in 2008. Ended up placing 6th in a field of 45 in my rating bracket...which was 1300-1600. 3-1-1 was my score of that tourney....but nothing after that.

I tried to get a Blitz Chess TV Program off the ground. Supposed to be an "in-your-face, trash talking, ain't you grandpa's chess" type of program. Had GSN ready to promote it.....and a certain organization completely tore it down. I had flyers going everywhere, and at one national tournament that the director said it was okay to put flyers up I found ALL of them ripped in half and thrown away.
It was at the time when the Poker TV show was really hot....I figured if people will watch poker, then they will watch chess if it's entertaining enough, and not a bunch of prudes just watching time fly. And it would have been educational teaching the game as well.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote