Thread: MobileRead Discussion/Suggestion Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 12:52 PM   #253
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer View Post
Jon had suggested doing away with the mandatory run-off polls in 2013 if we have multiple choice, and others thought it was a good idea, and I do too.

Since multiple choice gives everyone the freedom to choose what they want the first time around and will create larger majorities for the book that wins, it eliminates the main reasons we decided to use run-offs every month.

Doing away with them would also make things simpler for everyone and easier for Tom, and I think would get people even more invested in the first poll since it'd often be final.

So I propose doing away with the run-offs unless there is a tie.

And we could still put our 2012 way of doing run-offs to good use for resolving any 2013 ties - A shorter single-choice run-off for the tied winners, and if that ends in a tie then Tom's vote decides it.
What she said.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote