View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 07:59 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stodder View Post
Hi everyone !

May I ask a question about font licenses?

Do I need a font license if all I'm doing is referring to the font (not embedding)? As in, telling the ereader to use the copy of Garamond that is located on its harddrive -- not actually storing the file in the ebook.

For example, using css rules to set font (but not linking to an internal font file within the ebook).

I need help as I don't want to break any rules.

Stodder
That would be ok, but there is no guarantee that the user has that font, so you should also specify a fallback position by listing multiple items including a generic one. Also ADE tends to use its own internal font in the absence of embedded fonts and ignores external fonts so don't expect the one you want will be used, i.e. it won't find an external one.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote