View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 12:10 PM   #108
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysJeepMan View Post
I find it interesting that Apple got blasted(deservedly so) for not providing an SD card slot in the iPad, even though the iPad could be jailbroken and software installed to support USB storage media....
I don't think you need to jailbreak the iPad to get USB mass storage. I think you can get official support by buying the camera connection kit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysJeepMan View Post
Google produces a tablet without an SD card slot and somehow it's no big deal because the tablet can be rooted and custom software installed.
Nah. The reason it's not as big a deal is because Google's tablet only costs $200. Same price as the Kindle Fire but comes with a whole lot more hardware (quad-core CPU, 1280x800 px display, front-facing camera, GPS, etc). At this price point, lack of an SD card slot is disappointing but not exactly something to rake Google over the coals.

Last edited by ilovejedd; 07-02-2012 at 12:13 PM.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote