View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 03:39 PM   #5
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Actually, for my own use I like the Calibre conversion somewhat better. But for commercial applications (Kindle store) I pretty much have to go with kindlegen starting with a "specially crafted" epub to get the results I want. Which is why I'm a little hazy on the details of Calibre conversions.
I'm the same way. But if it's not strictly for personal use I've taken to:

1) Converting the epub to mobi with calibre
2) unpacking that mobi with mobiunpack.py
3) recreating the toc.ncx and tweaking the opf file by hand (I also have a few automated scripts of my own to help)
4) feeding the opf file to kindlegen

I get the look of the calibre conversion, but produced by kindlegen.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote