View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 12:30 PM   #477
k_gm
k_gm began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hello Kris,

A week ago I found this discussion thread and immediately decided to try out Marvin. And I’m really impressed!
Nice user interface, fast, feature rich and many new useful features are coming.

I used the app the last few days and played around with all the features. Until now I only found 3 problems:

1.)
I often read technical book, for example the Pro Git book (you can download an epub copy here: http://git-scm.com/book ). But I had a problem with the search function. When I search for “bare”, I must press the search button over twenty times until the word is found. I guess that the problem is, that Marvin only searches one chapter and this book has many chapters.

Could you enhance the search? For example, automatically continue the search in the next chapters until the word is found or stop the search, if the word does not exist.

2.)
Deep View
If I use this function in the “Pro Git book” it finds tons of hex numbers, other numbers like 0-9, 4-2, ½, 12K, gw3r3, iss91 …
Probably the “Deep View” feature is not so useful for technical documents, but anyway, at least a "number" and a “hex number” filter may be useful?

3.)
Deep View – Pin articles feature
Another nice feature of Marvin is the capability to add articles about the book, Pin more articles and so on. Trying “Pin more articles” Google found another PDF and, by mistake, I pinned this PDF to Deep View – but then Marvin crashed immediately! When I then restart Marvin and try to open Deep View in this book again, Marvin crashes again. I had to delete the book from Marvin and load a new copy of the book.

But so far Marvin is very promising and I’m looking forward to the new version. Keep up the good work!

regards,
Klaus