View Single Post
Old 02-13-2011, 06:01 PM   #14
taustin
Wizard
taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by pholy View Post
The Kindle may be safe itself, but I think any device which looks like a USB disk drive could become a carrier for the kind of viruses spread by USB drive contamination.
If you can copy whatever you want to it when it's connected to a computer, it can be used to transmit viruses like any other USB device.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pholy View Post
That said, I don't know if such viruses exist. I'm pretty sure Linux users are safe, which is why I try not to use my Windows systems regularly or for extended connections to the Internet.
More and more Linux distros have autorun enabled. It's becoming an issue in the Linux community.

http://linux.slashdot.org/story/11/0...Linux?from=rss
taustin is offline   Reply With Quote