View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 12:15 PM   #12
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 7, Sony PRS300, Fire HD8 Tablet
thanks everybody

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
is there not a toggle in Libre Office to control whether HTML entities are used, or not? I know that MS office has one
I didn't see anything like that. And I only have MS Office Word 2003 and didn't see anything there either. (I wish there was!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by exaltedwombat View Post
Are they just 'difficult' because they're unfamiliar? They'll soon become familiar as you use Sigil more. No need to give yourself extra work.
I tried to get used to them, wombat. Just couldn't do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phossler View Post
Might be a little tedious to set up, but you could add more 'Saved Searches' with the entities that you find you need to replace often.

Sigil comes with a number already built in

You'd also have to run a possibly large number of Saved Searches one at a time, but it's still easier than manually changing them

Paul
I was wondering why you said I'd need to replace "often" and run "a possibly large number" of saved searches. Wouldn't it be just a one time deal? Open the html doc in Sigil. Run the saved search. Then all is changed over. Right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
I can certainly use the entities, but it is much more natural to use the actual character. My brain doesn't have to do the interpretation, and I'm all about doing things the lazy...errr...I mean...efficient way!

The saved search I have is just a click away and it transforms all of the entities. That....efficient...use of time is something I am willing to do!
I think I'm going to have to get more familiar with saved searches, Turtle. I never used them before. (It seems like a pretty painless solution. Better than starting with a MS Word doc and having to clean up all that crap.)
Gregg Bell is offline   Reply With Quote