View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 04:33 AM   #19
BrainDead
BrainDead goes to eleven.BrainDead goes to eleven.BrainDead goes to eleven.BrainDead goes to eleven.BrainDead goes to eleven.BrainDead goes to eleven.BrainDead goes to eleven.BrainDead goes to eleven.BrainDead goes to eleven.BrainDead goes to eleven.BrainDead goes to eleven.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by voidoid View Post
Now, go and take that nasty little piece of clear plastic and burn it so you will no longer be tempted to use it. It doesn't need you and you or your Kobo certainly don't need it.
I wonder, does that apply to those after market screen protectors as well?

The protector supplied on shipping does definitely affect operation of the reader and, as has been already pointed out, is there to protect the screen during shipping only. I must admit I also hesitated to remove it as I didn't want the screen on my new reader to get scratched, but the reader was more responsive when I removed it.

The latest firmware (2.3.1) seems to have negatively afftected touch performance (it now seems to get 'stuck' every 3rd or 4th page) but that's another issue - although I think I may have overcome this by using a slightly different touch gesture (i.e. using a slight right to left swipe starting at the right hand edge and staying within the right hand third of screen rather than just a touch - left to right starting from the left edge and within the left third for going backwards). It still gets stuck occasionally but far less than before.

Last edited by BrainDead; 01-04-2013 at 04:43 AM.
BrainDead is offline   Reply With Quote