View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 08:15 PM   #4
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 7, Sony PRS300, Fire HD8 Tablet
thanks cybmole

I take it you're not a Sony rep. But, seriously, thanks for the info. I was just interested in the Sony because of the feature of the reader for PC not holding the file so I didn't have to get out of ADE2.0(which is what I have been proofreading on) and back into Sigil to edit. I'm pretty new at all this. So will the "hotkey" feature in Calibre allow me to proofread and edit more efficiently? (I don't have Calibre yet. I hear great things about it but I've also heard it's not terribly compatible with KDP.) Thanks a lot for the input. Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
why bother with any Sony software

sigil for editing
ADE for previewing - how it looks in ADE is how it will look on sony
calibre for library management & sideloading & shopping links
All Sony software -> nearest bin
no need to shop via Sony - anywhere that sells or offers free epub will do

+ Sigil, ADE, Calibre all play nicely together. you can hot key open a book in either of ADE, Sigil direct from calibre main window
Gregg Bell is offline   Reply With Quote