View Single Post
Old 05-26-2013, 02:49 AM   #13
atordo
Connoisseur
atordo is a splendid one to beholdatordo is a splendid one to beholdatordo is a splendid one to beholdatordo is a splendid one to beholdatordo is a splendid one to beholdatordo is a splendid one to beholdatordo is a splendid one to beholdatordo is a splendid one to beholdatordo is a splendid one to beholdatordo is a splendid one to beholdatordo is a splendid one to behold

Device: Kindle Touch
neutrak: Thanks for commenting on your design decisions on accidental IRC. I stand corrected that exit and quit are indeed different commands.

About the "useless" commands, well it's just that after years of using them in every other client I found myself consulting the IRC RFC to know their server equivalents, and you know, old farts don't like to learn new things

Perhaps you could just implement the "alias" command, so those used to the slash commands could just add something like this in their config file:
Code:
/alias j :JOIN
/alias part :PART
And so on... but it's your program and your decision.

And yes, a human readable time would be a nice addition. Also, an option to not display color codes would make some channels more readable.

Thanks for your program anyhow, it's an amusing addition to the Kindle.

On a slightly related note, after updating kterm I'm unable to find the menu to switch UTF (most Spanish servers still use ISO-8859-1). Is somebody kind enough to tell me how to access the menu? (it was ALT-3 in prior versions, IIRC).
atordo is offline   Reply With Quote