View Single Post
Old 04-20-2012, 09:41 AM   #5
steven522
binomial: homo legentem
steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iriver Story HD; Archos 80 G9
Accessories

After a couple of weeks of local searching for a good cover and only finding sleeves available (sleeve being the only accessory carried in Staples for the Archos tablet), I went online and did a little poking around.

I found that my choices online are limited to basically three types of actual form-filling covers designed for this style of tablet. The first was an expensive $120 leather cover and was instantly crossed off the list. The second was a way less expensive (around $15) cover that appears to come in two pieces with one being a skin-like cover that snaps into a folio style cover. I debated on this one, but with no reviews I decided the snap in and rotating cover was not what I really wanted. The last was a cover supplied by eForCity (ARC 80 G9 Leather Case , Black) through Amazon. This was the one I decided to go with. Worst case was I was only out about $10.

The case arrived yesterday. The tablet fits into the case nice and snug. At the top where the case folds, an extra flap wraps over the tablet and is secured in place with a small velcro strip. The sides are open at all ports and switches and I have no issues being able to power on/off, plug/unplug or change volume. There are even six small holes in the back directly over the speaker. Surprisingly enough, the case actually seems to improve the quality of sound from the tablet. It seems less "tinny" without reducing the actual volume from the device.

The case itself seems very well made. The cover has a good texture to the outside and you feel like you have a secure grip on it when its carried. The inside of the front flap is soft and would not pose any threat of scratching the screen (even if I did not put a screen protector on it).

Overall, I feel this was a very good choice for the tablet.
steven522 is offline   Reply With Quote