View Single Post
Old 10-01-2009, 07:21 PM   #20
Mitchll
Cave Dweller
Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Ipad Sony reader prs-505 prs-900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Broshkina View Post
First of all please do not claim to speak for all the members of MobileRead. You do not speak for me. Have you tried out the application? I doubt it because if you did you would have realized it is not just for people to lazy to read. I bought "Embassy" a fictional "Vook". First of all it is a real book, real words and everything. There is just short videos (that are quite well done) added to enhance the plot.

Here is an example:

Sure its a gimmick but I find it kind of interesting. I know it is not the hip thing to admit to but I am currently reading "The Lost Symbol" by Dan Brown. I think that it would be interesting to see short videos of the art and locations mentioned in the book. I bought the web version because I do not like reading on my iPhone but I think something like this would work quite nice on the mysterious Apple Tablet. Since I just started reading the "Vook" it is too soon for me to say that I would by another one. But I am not considering it $6.99 down the drain.
I am with you. I downloaded it and have spent about 10 minutes with it. It is an interesting vehicle and holds promise as an entertaining method of story telling.
Mitchll is offline   Reply With Quote