View Single Post
Old 07-23-2023, 03:51 PM   #4
salamanderjuice
Guru
salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by abclaurie View Post
Thank you for your reply! My hesitation to get a tablet vs an ereader is for eye strain. I want something that doesn't feel like more screen work which I assumed a tablet would do. I have never owned an ereader myself but I have seen the Kindles and appreciate the lighting. Do newer tablets offer this variety of lighting?
No. If you want something without a backlight eInk is the only realistic option. I would take a look at Android offerings from Boox or Likebook. Unlike Kobos or Kindles they have the grunt to do PDFs well. Readcube seems to have an Android app although with the way eInk pen input works using it with 3rd party apps is not a great experience. Boox's PDF reader and note taking software is decent IMO.
salamanderjuice is offline   Reply With Quote