View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 11:04 AM   #8
jswinden
Nameless Being

I'm not a developer, but I signed up for an Apple Developer account not long after they introduced the first iPhone. Mostly I signed up out of curiosity and to get easy access to developer documents/information. I hadn't been on the website in several years, but was able to login this morning. I'm content to wait for others to test out iOS7 before even considering loading it. I haven't decided on OS X 10.9. Probably better to wait a bit on that too.

One disappointment from yesterday was that Apple did not announce a new version of Aperture, which is their Photoshop Lightroom equivalent for Mac OS X. I do a lot of photography and was really hoping they would finally update Aperture 3.x to 4.x, but no such luck yet. With Adobe going nuts and moving Photoshop to a cloud based software renting scheme, I want an Aperture that can finally replace Lightroom all together. I've been using Photoshop (legally I might add) for nearly 25 years now, but Adobe has decided we can no longer buy it, we have to rent it and pay up to several times more than we did buying it.