View Single Post
Old 07-31-2008, 01:03 AM   #15
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack B Nimble View Post
So, a book would come out in hardcover for $18-30, then be released a year or so later in paperback for $7-15, and then another year or so later as an ebook for $3-7.

This would ease concerns about ebooks cannibalizing the pbook purchases, and builds in the discount model that many ebook consumers are expecting.

Jack
I am wondering if Jack is using the Canadian dollar here? While the Canadian dollar is on par with the yankee dollar (and often more valuable) Canadian's still tend to get screwed on book prices.

Even still, I think Jack's prices do not include enough of the "discount model that many ebook consumers are expecting."

I think publishers need to do much better in discounting ebooks.
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote