View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010, 02:47 PM   #7
CyberSmoke53
Enthusiast
CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
I use alkaline batteries, since it seems the JBL doesn't really have good calibration for rechargeables. So far I get the low battery message after the battery indicator has been showing 1/4 left. I ignored it once and continued reading and after a few minutes the unit shut off by itself and I had issues reopening the book I was reading at the time of autoshut down.

After battery replacement I turned the unit on and navigated to my book - happened to be a DRM pdb that I had been reading with a larger 24 font size than the default 18. The file hung up on reload with a 149/24 pages indication and unit froze and wouldn't advance - I had to reset to get out of the loop. To get the book back readable I had to do a reset to defaults and rekey in my decrypt codes and setup again, but I got my file back readable.

Since then when the low battery message comes on, I carefully backout of the book, turn the unit off, and go ahead and change my batteries. So far I have restarted again with no problems. After the time of the incident above I had been reading my DRM Pdb books with the default font size ... no more issues and crashes.
CyberSmoke53 is offline   Reply With Quote