View Single Post
Old 08-26-2008, 03:29 PM   #10
wgrimm
Addict
wgrimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wgrimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wgrimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wgrimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wgrimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wgrimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wgrimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wgrimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wgrimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wgrimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wgrimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
IPOD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riocaz View Post
Kindle fails to set light to unsold e-book pile

I offer no comment purely because I have none to make.
No e-book reader will ever come anywhere close to Ipod sales numbers, simply because most people do not read. I think we'll see the biggest sales of e-book readers in the Far East, where they seem to be more popular (and where China is hoping to save many trees by distributing texts on ebook readers). As for Amazon, I never believed much of what they said about the Kindle, so I am not surprised that they wildly inflated sales figures.

And speaking of the Ipod, I downloaded ereader's software for the Ipod Touch today, and hope to try it tonight. Ereader has been very successful in ebook sales for several reasons (not least of which their DRM is not intrusive or based on flaky technology), and I have frequented them since they wqere PeanutPress. Just wish they would get stronger on nonfiction titles.
wgrimm is offline   Reply With Quote