View Single Post
Old 05-13-2008, 03:54 PM   #10
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
Even though it was an urban legend, I still put my cell number (as well as the home number) on the do not call list many years ago. Funny how that does not stop some groups. ("Hello, I'm calling for "Soap Opera Digest" ....)
There's alot of ways around that. If you have a "previous" relationship with them is the biggest one. People call on "behalf of Citibank" (for example) even though they aren't citibank... they pay for their list and charge there service to the CC which is why the credit card company is happy to lease your phone number to them.

Also, surveys, charities, etc can call. Also, people offering you something for a "free trial" which you have to pay for the next month unless you cancel it... etc.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote