View Single Post
Old 01-16-2007, 02:20 PM   #3
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
I suppose it will be the equivalent of the STAReBOOK (same manufacturer), but without the proprietary stk format, so converting files to the format wouldn't be necessary. What would make it worth switching from Sony, if you've already got one? Just to make a point about DRM? It won't meet my needs in any case-- I need stylus annotation capabilities-- but I'm curious as to why it would seem to be worth switching from Sony to this. I seriously doubt the end-user support is going to be any better, unless the Baen Barflies are going to provide it, and that assumes root access, which I don't see specifically listed.

I'm not trying to be a wet blanket, I just don't see the advantage here, yet.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote