View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 11:33 AM   #65
GinRummy
GinRummy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GinRummy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GinRummy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GinRummy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GinRummy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GinRummy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GinRummy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GinRummy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GinRummy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GinRummy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GinRummy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Arc
I would like to share a quote from Heinlein that might be applicable here:

"I will accept the rules that you feel necessary to your freedom. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."

O.K., one more concerning morals:

"Correct morality can only be derived from what man is — not from what do-gooders and well-meaning aunt Nellies would like him to be."

I live by many things I have read in Heinlein's books mostly because they reflect how I feel and what I believe. Many involve either ignoring or fighting against repressive rules, laws, and ideas that only serve the ones that created them.

I wish that the authors and creators of all forms of art controlled the manner in which they are published to the general public and thus eliminated the middlemen who really have nothing to do with the creative process and have only insinuated themselves there to create and increase profits for themselves. I know what you are thinking, I should wish into one hand, defecate into the other and see which one fills up first, but hey, I can dream.

Ken
GinRummy is offline   Reply With Quote