View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 12:25 PM   #5
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
http://www.quirkclassics.com/index.p...uirk-classic-4

Folks, I give you the next fad in publishing: classic-scifi mash ups. I guess this means the previous fad (vampire romance) is dead, thank goodness. So what do you think will be used in the next mash up?

I have the next annoying, grating, bullshit fad -- we exhume the corpses of some of our most beloved writers (some will only be skeletons now), such as John Steinbeck for example. We then dress these bones up in pretty, pretty clothes, and we prop this up in a tent somewhere with a typewriter in front of the freshly dug-up author. Roll in a fresh piece of paper, then, through a series of levers, pulleys and strings, some untalented, no-idea douchebag can jerk the strings around and words will appear on the paper. Doesn't matter about the words, could be anything at all, just random words, because the people we package, market and sell this crap to won't read it anyway, they'll be too busy voting on American Idol or cheering for far-away pointless wars to be concerned with anything as time-consuming as reading.

We'll trademark this new and innovative method with the name POX. Or maybe BLIGHT - for when you just can't be bothered to come up with anything original. Why not bring the authority and respect of a dead author to your mindless drivel?

Mashups and fanfiction and vampire romance, endless super-hero movies and 'reboots' of old tv shows that should be forgotten. Almighty Atheismo save us from this garbage. And if I hear the word 'reboot' in relation to any movie/tv show or creative work again I will scream until my nose bleeds. It's not a reboot, it's a soulless, mindless cash grab and everyone knows it.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote