View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 10:26 AM   #13
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahi View Post
Ps.: Fixing this is utterly painstaking... regenerating the PDF takes 2-3 minutes, and since changes propagate other difficult to foresee changes in the rest of the chapter, frequent regeneration is unavoidable. Leaving me sitting utterly bored out of my mind while I wait for compilation to finish.
Yes, that's the drawback of PDF ebooks

And if you want it to be "perfect", you have to avoid widows and orphans, which I think I saw somewhere. In my PDFs, I chose to set \widowpenalty and \clubpenalty to 10000, and add some stretchability to \baselineskip; this results in no widows or orphans, but the lines are a bit spread out sometimes (it's not as bad as in printed books, because you see only a single page at a time, and you don't see the backpage either)
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote