View Single Post
Old 04-05-2006, 07:27 PM   #10
ascherjim
Addict
ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: BeBook One, PocketBook 360, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura One
To answer your questions in order:

1. No, I have not tried pdf files. I have been able readily to convert all my downloads (from their initial formats if necessary) to some variation of .txt or .html file. These work fine.

2. I have not tried images, but with the high quality screen, I would expect no problem. I may be wrong on this, though, as I haven't tried it, and really have not too much interest in it.

3. I turn pages with the toggle button wonderfully positioned on the side. And the pages turn instantly, as I mentioned.

4. When I bring up the FBReader application, the last book I was reading comes up on the screen, at the place where I left off (the same as with the eBookwise 1150). When I want to read another title, I click on the library icon with the stylus, and the list of book titles on my memory card is listed (again, the same as on the 1150). I can then tap on a different title, and that then appears on the screen.

5. On the screen, you have your choice of having a taskbar present or to push a button on the side to get a full text screen eliminating the task bar, to maximize screen space. I also designate a 90-degree roatation so I can read the book in portrait mode. When the taskbar is not present, you can accomplish similar commands using the keys on the front or side.

In summary, based on my current experience, if you like and are comfortable with the features of the 1150, you should feel comfortable using the Nokia. I understand that designers of the FBReader are in the process of making improvements, such as search and highlight functions, which at present are not yet incorporated (but which are in the 1150). I hope this is useful. Let me know if there's any other information I can provide. Jim
ascherjim is offline   Reply With Quote