View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 12:07 AM   #15
tmf2
Zealot
tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokolobs View Post
Thanks so much for the reply, guys!

I have contacted Amazon CS and asked them if this is indeed as good as it gets. I'll be contacting their replacement team to determine if I have a defective device. I guess I will send them pictures.

I'm afraid (and already exhausted) of the idea of going through 2+ replacements to get a "perfect" device. Honestly, I'm a bit relieved that most of you think I have an average looking screen.

Thanks ixtab for the histogram idea. However, I downloaded customer images of defective Paperwhites from Amazon and their histograms looks the same as that of my screen. Am I looking at them the wrong way? What am I searching for here? Hehe

Thanks HarryT, I will consider your take on this. I'll be reading and relaxing this weekend and will decide if the screen really bothers me. Then I'll make a move (or not) on Monday.
If you decide on returning it FWIW I and several others have had better luck when we processed a return vs exchange. All my exchanges were pretty bad ( pink/blue screens) only when I processed a return and ordered a new PW did I get one acceptable. I don't think their are perfect ones some just worse then others the rainbow coloration's were driving me nuts no matter how much I tried to convince myself otherwise. From a scale of bad to good yours looks in the barely fair range. Just my .02.

Last edited by tmf2; 03-09-2013 at 12:17 AM.
tmf2 is offline   Reply With Quote