View Single Post
Old 06-02-2012, 11:26 AM   #28
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceArt View Post
Maybe I should try this app too. I rarely feel the need to convert handwriting to text, but sometimes I write on the metro or train, and in a cramped environment it's difficult to use the keyboard. In that case handwriting recognition would be very useful.

The same company has an app called phatpad that seems to be more of a notebook app, as opposed to writepad which is a word processor, if I understand correctly. Has anyone tried it?
I scanned their web site, looked through the User Manual, and watched the PhatPad YouTube video. It looks to be more of an all-in-one type of app that allows you to insert shapes and pictures and more. It offers handwriting recognition, but you have to either type each word into the recognition engine separately and hit the convert button each time, or write normally, then circle what you wrote and select convert-to-text. Not at all as conducive to the free flow of ideas its sister software offers, with its on-the-fly conversion. I find writing in WritePad a joy. It isn't perfect, but its the best I've found so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceArt View Post
Also, I have a question about writepad: can you use the same app with several languages? I'm a little worried because there are several versions of the app, including one for French, and they all cost 8 euros. Do I need to buy the English app and the French one if I want to write in both languages?
After reading this, I tried to change the language in mine and got a pop-up saying, "Language Pack: Français. Buy now" (no price given at that stage). I assume therefore you only need one copy of the app, but using it with an additional language is a minimal additional fee, and not having done that, I can't tell you how well it works with two languages. I imagine that switching between languages is a breeze, but you'd have to ask someone who actually does it.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote