View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 11:33 AM   #7
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by glos View Post
Here again (not sure if I am doing the right thing in using my old thread to ask this, but..)
is there a way to edit the "column type" of a custom column?
I wanted to change it from
"text, column shown in the tag browser"
to
"comma separated text, like tags, shown in the tag browser"
in my Collection column, but it seems I can't do it? (the drop down menu doesn't appear)
I guess the only solution is to delete the column and create a new one, losing the data?

thanks
I think even if you could change it you would lose the data as it is not the same data type. Make a new column and populate it by sorting on the old column before deleting it. Maybe it can be done with search and replace or by exporting and importing the data using a csv file.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote