View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 08:36 AM   #140
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyproy View Post
@TheBard . Thanks for your advice, but unfortunately yes, the lack of the change on the home page and elsewhere is already after I have physically navigated to the library, gone in to an epub book, then pressed the home button to return to the home page.

Perhaps I am doing something wrong in the install, presumably both the extracted files from the config.zip and test-xx-xx-xx.zip file both go in to the .kobo directory...I have wondered before now why there's two separate zip files...presumably it's correct to process them both at the same time as advised in the first post.

Is there any way I can check via windows explorer or otherwise that the nickel addon has installed properly, perhaps by a md5 hash of a changed file?
Dannyproy, did you get it working yet? Maybe your computer is extracting the zip files too far. Mine does that automatically. The config.zip extracts to the koboplugins.ini. The test-xx-xx-xx.zip extracts to Kobo.tgz. The bolded two go into the .kobo folder. My computer automatically extracts the tgz to what's inside, which I have to stop it doing to be able to get it. Repacking what comes out to .tgz doesn't work for some reason.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote