View Single Post
Old 11-26-2011, 09:01 PM   #90
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
Too bad that you did not share that with the beta group over the weeks and weeks we were testing various .14 builds. From what I can tell none of the people who were testing and talking abut the builds experienced SD card problems.

It is not unusual for new things to have unintended consequences--including ones that appear to be the same as earlier problems that were thought to be solved. I know that some people joined the beta group only to be able to get the build that fixed a particular problem that was driving them nuts. I am not saying this was true for viduliya, of course. However, it really is important that folks who beta actively participate throughout the process if we are to help Kobo understand what real people in the real world with real devices are experiencing.
I think the reason that this issue is not apparent is due largely to the fact that that most people dont use a sd card to store their books.
I looked forward to the release and was disapointed as my lexar card (8 gigs) was still not being recognized. I solved the problem by buying a dif card.

I have a huge library and want to have all my books on the device achievable only by using an sd card and sideloading. This is important to be able to do as if there is an issue and there has been a few, that require a restore to factory and reload of books.. the books in main memory are wiped and the books in sd storage remain intact, allowing those books to be reloaded imediatly

regards

jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote