View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011, 05:14 PM   #17
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilikins View Post
I say you give him the smackdown on that But then again, that booklight complaint is one of the reasons you're getting the Fire, right? Let's argue for a new toy rather than mutual tolerance It looks like you're compromising, but really you're winning!
Well the Fire is mostly from mommy but he did pay for shipping and $30 of it. Yes I got the Fire because of this so he better not start with His it's too bright stuff.

Quote:
I did see, I think it was Engadget or The Verge, that you CAN sideload non- Amazon market apps, but none of them worked as well as they should, so I'd assume that Amazon's UI is causing some interference, whether intentional or not. Makes sense. Developers often base their app compatibility off the unadulterated OS for widest use. Sounds like a two-way issue to me. Blossom, you might be okay with e-reading apps, since they tend be less intensive than other apps. Here's hoping!
One reviewer got Mantano to work so I'm happy just having it. I can use Dropbox through the browser if the app doesn't work. My apps are Mantano & ColorDict, Dropbox, ES File Explorer (This one prob wont work) and Opera. I don't need any others to be happy with the Fire.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote