Thread: dictionaries
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2010, 06:25 AM   #19
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
But I believe they have their own built-in dictionaries, don't they?
The Sony does; the PB and Onyx devices can use dictionaries in some relatively standard format, I believe. Certainly there's a range of them available. As far as I know, though, they are all public domain dictionaries, not modern "commercial" ones. That's not an issue with me, because my only real use for dictionaries is in reading 18th and 19th century novels, so 19th or early 20th century dictionaries are fine for that. I'm using the 1913 Websters on my PB360.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote