View Single Post
Old 12-10-2009, 10:59 AM   #3
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by gigercounter View Post
Dont take the negative reviews to heart. There is nothing that cannot be fixed with an update.
Except the price, the time lost waiting for the update, the interim reading experience (if poor), and other intangibles. A lot of the "features" of the nook, touted by B&N, apparently aren't working/available now but are coming. Not a good start.

True that most of nook's problems can probably be fixed with a firmware update (jury is out on this one until the update arrives) but then many people are still waiting for updates for their devices to fix problems other devices have. It isn't a good idea, I don't think, to put your faith in a vaporware update; better to buy a device that does what you want -- at least at minimum -- out of the box.

I was interested, for example, in the forthcoming Irex DSG800, but when (and if) it is released, I will not buy it because part of what I was looking for in the device supposedly will come in a firmware update that might never be.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote