Thread: dictionaries
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2013, 11:15 AM   #30
LeoBookworm
LeoBookworm began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Odyssey + Kobo mini
Hello,
I apologize in advance, for I am not very good in technique, so please be patient ;-)
I have read this whole thread, and I still have a question:

A bit of context first:
As a very happy owner of a kobo mini, I tend to offer e-readers to my reading friends.
The Kobo Mini is no more available, and I had studied the cybook products, so I last bougt 3 odyssey to offer for Christmas, one HD Frontlight (which comes under the Carrefour NOLIM name), and 2 cybook odyssey basic.

My problem is that I need to give them "ready to use", and I've been spending ages trying to find an English dictionnary that would work like the one I have on my Kobo.
I found and installed the En-Fr dictionnary, but at least two of the people I'm offering the e-book to would much prefer to have an En-EN dictionnary. I found the link where I could download 5 dictionnaries, including and En-EN.
I downloaded it directly in the e-reader. It is there, I checked. But if I underline a word in an English ebook it only gives me the translation in French.

Where are the parameters I need to change if I want the en-En dictionnary, rather than the En-Fr to be used?
Is there a way to keep both in the e-reader, or do I need to delete the translating one?

Thanks a lot for your answer, I put many books in the 3 readers, and the ppl will need to access dictionnaries.
LeoBookworm is offline   Reply With Quote