View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 10:11 PM   #25
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
Hmm... So most of you pay a monthly fee to have a mobile phone service but use the
"phone" as a PDA?

I occasionally leave my man cave and carry my Mio P550 to do most of the things you
guys talked about, plus it provides me with GPS data in case I get lost. Even us modern
day hermits have broadband, but we don't really need a mobile phone.

Luck;
Ken

P.S.; As current Hermit fashion includes a number of large pockets, I also carry my
5" jetBook Lite e-reader, for those long waits at the VA.
Actually, over here it came out cheaper to buy the phone on contract. The payments for unlimited data are very reasonable and the discount on the phone is quite good. The data rates for pay-as-you-go, on the other hand, are extremely high. And the phones are unlocked from day 1. Much easier for work, too. Since I don't have to watch the meter when checking e-mail, I can even use Skype for phone calls.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote