View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 11:26 PM   #40
dkperez
Groupie
dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nine
I'm with the $3.99 maximum folks... I'm finding PLENTY of interesting fiction at that price or lower, and although I have a bunch of books on my "to read" list, most of them are from publishers trying to get $12 - $14 or even MORE...

I just always remember the process those e-books are part of... Author to publisher who edits and prints VERY expensive hard covers. And MAKES money. Then prints cheaper, but still very expensive, paperbacks. And MAKES money. And does basically NOTHING (half the time it doesn't even look like they did a decent proof read and reformat) to create an e-book and tries to get MORE than the paperback and POSSIBLY MORE than the hard cover...

A recent example is the re-release of the John D McDonald books. I read MANY Travis McGee paperbacks when younger... If I recall correctly, they went for somewhere between $0.50 and $1.00. So, when I saw the topic I figured, "Great, I'll go get 'em ALL." Til I saw that they wanted $8 - $9 for each of 'em... IF the publisher or whoever is setting the price decides they'd rather sell a lot of books for $2.99 instead of fewer for $9, I'll buy the whole bunch. Til then, nope.
dkperez is offline   Reply With Quote