View Single Post
Old 03-18-2011, 01:40 PM   #14
Belfaborac
Wizard
Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-950
It sounds to me as if the OP is less than enamoured with the current evolutionary state of SF and is looking for a discussion on the basis of his perceived grievances (widespread cloning and a proliferation of very basic Westerns-on-different planets story lines), rather than yet another thread full of recommendations of stuff other people think is great.

Personally I'm pretty much in full agreement with the OP, in that we're currently in a period almost devoid of Heinleins, Bradburys and so on. There are a few of them around though and in any case I'm sure it's just a phase, so I'm not unduly concerned. And even if it should turn out to be a lasting state of affairs there are still more than enough great books out there to last me well into an advanced age.

Future generations don't particularly concern me.

Last edited by Belfaborac; 03-18-2011 at 01:42 PM.
Belfaborac is offline   Reply With Quote