View Single Post
Old 10-18-2013, 12:21 AM   #743
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffaloseven View Post
I'm leaning towards that since in addition to the freezing while loading the book, the location seems to be way off. From what I understand, it uses the Kobo spans to specify location, so there could be something wonky going on there.

My only hesitation to saying that's the problem is that it doesn't seem to be widely reported among users of your plugin.

Hmm…

Either way I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it. You have better (little breathing) things to spend your time on
The problem you are seeing, or a very similar one, is happening with purchased kepubs. In every case I have seen it, the book had an embedded font and the reading settings were set to "Document default". Changing the font to any included with the firmware, fixes the problem. I don't use sideloaded fonts, so I have never tested with these.

I just did a little test with the current beta firmware. I tried three books: a purchased kepub with embedded font, the epub version of this which has also has an embedded font and a known good epub that doesn't have embedded fonts. I sideloaded the epubs using the current version of the extended driver. For both the purchased and sideloaded kepub, I saw (roughly) what you are seeing. Changing the font to something other than "Document default", and there were no problems. The book with no embedded font had no problems with any font settings.

The "roughly" is because the problem has been partly fixed in the beta. When using the embedded font, opening the book took a long time to display the text. But, it does get displayed.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote