Thread: sound Files
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 02:46 PM   #12
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
I thought I recalled something about not allowing links to certain things, like content on non-Amazon store sites.
Actually, that's a big Apple no-no, even down to certain words, never mind links. Here's a true story:

A few days ago, I received an email from a very big client. (Very). Apple was balking at ingestion because--get this--s/he had a flyer for another author's book in his/her book. Something like "So-and-so recommends..." On that flyer "page" was a link to the other author's website, right? No direct sale links, nothing like that. But, once you clicked through to that other author's website had sale links TO Amazon, in the usual way "Buy such-and-such now," and the link went TO Amazon. Apple was having little hissies about THAT.

And in over 2,000 books on Amazon, I've never had AMZ come back and ask me to take this or that out for that type of internal-PC policing. ONLY Apple. Another true story: For a few months, they did not want to intake any books we'd made because I have a bookcredit line on all our copyright pages: "blahblahblah produced by Booknook.biz," right? Because the word NOOK was in my company name, they wanted me to take it out. I went ballistic over that one and told them to bugger off. They finally relented, but it didn't sweeten my already-tenuous relationship with them.

They had already made me remove parts of my original book credit line, which read something like "ebooks (Nook, Kindle and Apple) produced by..." (or maybe it was "Amazon, B&N and Apple,") which, when I started out in 2008 or 9 or whatever, I used because even that recently, people were still calling PDF's "ebooks," so I used it to distinguish, thinking most folks didn't know Mobi from their elbow. They did insist that that had to be removed, because it mentioned--mentioned--Nook and Amazon. I did have a book that failed ingestion because it had the WORD "kindle" in it. As in, kindled a fire. (No...really, not making this up).

I've never had that happen with Amazon. Not once, and they certainly have a boatload of old mobis that had those credit lines in them. {shrug}.

FWIW.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote