View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 08:47 PM   #215
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Page refresh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Here is a sample of the bleeped up text I was talking about. This is Helvetica witH brightness set at 17/24.

Text sample (600 x 300 px)

Text sample (1200 x 600 px)

Larger image

Compare "perhaps" in the 3rd line with "some four" in the 7th line. Considerable difference in font weights although all of the text is supposed to be the same weight. Thiese differences in weight are more pronounced in the lighter, thinner fonts.
Do you have "page refresh" turned on? I've read some posts either here or in the Amazon Forum which state that is a necessity to eliminate differences in font shading.

I'm making notes about these recommendations in MS OneNote to get ready for my own PW on 10/11.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote